It’s that exciting time again ….
Time to draw a winner out of the lucky hat :)
This evening, all subscribers as in names, not real people… went in my hat and were given a big shake and shuffle. To make the occasion that extra bit special, I enlisted the help of my daughter to draw the winning name she’s very good at this sort of thing :)
Eyes closed, hand in hat … and out comes … Beth! Well, hooray to you Beth – an email has been sent off to you, and you will shortly be receiving your very own Nine Lives Tarot deck – Congratulations :)
Thank you to all of you subscribers both new and old, who were part of the birthday draw. I’d love to draw everyone of you out of my lucky hat, and so I promise there will be more exciting treats and specials on offer down the track… Starting with:
Nine Lives Tarot – Special offer in December
If you are curious about Nine Lives Tarot, this special offer will get you a deck at a festively reduced price:
December Special: $35 (AUD – plus postage and handling) $39.90
The joy of Celebration …
There’s so much to celebrate in life: new Love, lasting Love, Children, Parents, Grandparents, Friendships, Birthdays, Completing something, a Change – a hair-cut, or if you’re like me and don’t do celebratory hair-cuts, then maybe dying all your clothes a bright new colour, a new Skill, a Brave move, an Exhibition, Firsts (doing something for the first time is as good an excuse as any for a celebration :))
Christmas is just around the corner… For many this is a welcome opportunity to spend time with family and friends. For others sadly, it is a dreaded time of being all alone, or enduring yet another get together that doesn’t go to plan … To find a balance and even happiness can be a challenge, especially when the whirlwind of commercial hype blows through our doors with pressure and high expectations… Time to take a deep breath :)
Discovering treasures in little things
Happy memories can be less about acquiring possessions and more about togetherness, delightful conversations and big laughs, listening to music, cherishing loved ones, going to the beach or experiencing nature and sharing special moments and feelings…
To end this post on a funny note …
Here is a recipe my sister gave me ages ago, it always makes me laugh and I hope the culinary adventure puts a smile on your face too :)
A Very Merry Christmas Cake
- You will need a cup of butter, a cup of white sugar, a cup of brown sugar, 4 large eggs, a cup of dried fruit, a teaspoon of baking soda, salt, lemon juice, a cup of mixed nuts, and a bottle of whiskey.
- First, sample the whiskey to test for quality. Next, take a large bowl. Check the whiskey again to be sure it is of the highest quality. Pour one level cup and drink. Repeat.
- Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl, add one spoonful of white sugar and beat again. Make sure the whiskey is still okay. Cry another tup. Turn off the mixer.
- Break two leggs and add to the bowl, add one spoonful of dried fruit and chuck in the rest. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck on the beaters, pry loose with a drewscriver. Sample the whiskey to check for tonsisticity.
- Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Who cares? Check the whiskey. Now sift the lemon juice and strain the nuts. Add one babblespoon of brown sugar, or whatever colour you can find. Wix mel. Grease the oven. Turn the cake tin 350 degrees. Don’t forget to beat off the turner. Throw the table out the window, check the whiskey again and go to bed.
- Merry Christmas and enjoy your cake!
Thank you for visiting and stay safe!